What to Bring
For the best experience, please bring the following during your stay. You will also have occasional access to store runs.
- MEDICATIONS: If you take any medications, bring them in their original and sealed container. Also, be sure to bring enough to last for the length of your stay. Refills can be obtained at the local pharmacy, but it’s best to bring enough with you for the month.
- VITAMINS: Feel free to bring any vitamins and supplements that you are taking. These would also need to be in their original and sealed container.
- TOILETRIES: All of your toiletries to last for the length of your stay with us.
- LINENS: We provide clean towels, sheets, and one pillow. Please feel free to bring additional pillows if desired.
- CLOTHING: Please bring comfortable clothes and shoes, including:
- Fitness / leisurewear for yoga and fitness activities.
- Work shoes / boots as well as clothes you don’t mind getting dirty (we generally work in the yard for a short time each week).
- Slippers for house use.
- Note: you will have access to our laundry facilities weekly while here, and we provide the laundry detergent for you.
- SMOKING / NON-SMOKING: Our indoor areas are strictly non-smoking. However, we have two outdoor covered smoking areas on campus. If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes for a 30-day stay. Cigarettes can also be mailed to you during your stay. No vapes are allowed.
- ELECTRONICS: We want you to have an immersion experience in recovery while here, so we do not allow laptop computers, DVD players, movies, handheld gaming systems, etc. Take this time to focus on your sobriety and nothing else! You are welcome to bring an iPod or digital music player – unless it has video and/or internet capabilities. Feel free to use them in your room, the Fitness Room and outside while walking.
- BOOKS/MAGAZINES: Similarly, to keep you engaged and focused on recovery, we ask you not to bring any “pleasure reading” materials like novels, fiction books, magazines etc. Spiritual books and books about recovery are welcome. We also have many of these available for your use while at the Retreat.
- VALUABLES: We do have a safe at Taylor Made Retreat, however we encourage you not to bring items of value unless strictly necessary.